Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Plants Are Perfect Gifts


Giving someone a gift on a special occasion is natural thing to do. We give them a present to let them know that we care and we remember. There are also times that we give a present in exchange of a favor. But more often than not,  we give presents because we want to please the person who receives it. We may have different reasons why we give someone a present. But one thing is for sure, if the person who receives the gift is happy, we are happy too. Just like what  Carlos Ruiz Zafón said, “Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.”. 


More often than than when we give someone we love or value a present, we give a little part of ourselves. We wanted to be remembered through our gifts. It is mainly the reason why we have to be satisfied and happy with the gift first before giving it to someone we cherished. We do not give them just any gift. It has to be something special and unique just like the living wall on my mom's kitchen wall. The living wall is nothing ordinary. There is not many people who has this kind of decoration in their living room or kitchen. I gave all my efforts to grow those herbs on the living wall. It may have its own reservoir, but I see to it that it does not run out of water. I watched it grow everyday and made sure that it is free from diseases. I read all books about gardening to ensure that I give proper care to container plants. Seeing how beautiful, unique and useful they are, I am sure that anyone who receives it will be thrilled just like how my mom was thrilled when I gave her my first living wall project.


Gifts must not be always be bought by money. Most people appreciate it more if we made the gift with our bare hands. Hardwork and effort add value to the gift. Gifts must not always be expensive as well. The most important thing is that it came from our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment