Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fresh Herbs For Our Favorite Italian Dish


www.getgennaros.com
Spaghetti has been an all time favorite dish. Young and old alike love this Italian dish. It is oftentimes prepared during special occasions such as birthdays and christening. It is not only delicious it is also good for our health. However, to those who want to lose weight, this dish should be avoided. According to carlorieking(dot)com, a regular spaghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce contains 970 calories. But to those who do not care much about their weight, eating spaghetti will definitely appease your hunger. 


Each and every family has their own spaghetti recipe. Each spaghetti recipe has its own twist. Each recipe is delicious in its own way. But for me, my brothers cooking is the best. Unfortunately I never learned how to prepare this. All I know is that whenever my brother cooks this dish, he makes sure that all the ingredients are fresh especially the herbs and spices. It helps that we have several herb window boxes and a green wall full of herbs to provide fresh herbs for his cooking. The herbs harvested from the window boxes and green walls are all free from inorganic substances since we are only using worm castings and other worm fertilizers. Even our neighbors buy fresh herbs from us because aside from they are free from organic fertilizers, they are also healthy and free from chemical smell.


I never learned how to cook spaghetti or any other dishes at all. My brother taught me plenty of times how to cook his very own recipe but I never learned. It is unfortunate that I have to wait for him for several months before I could taste his very own spaghetti recipe again. The only thing that I could do while I wait for his next vacation is make sure that the herbs he uses for his recipe are healthy all the time. I also started planting tomatoes and other vegetables in case he has a new recipe in mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment