Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Living Wall Kit As A Present


The look on my mother’s face when she received her present last Mother’s day is beyond words. She was really pleased with the living wall present which she helped me grow a few weeks ago.  This is not the first time that she received a plant as a present but it is the first time that she received it from me. The fact that the living wall survived proved that all her efforts in teaching me how to take care of the plants had finally paid off. It also disproved that I am a total disaster when it comes to growing plants.
My mom is passionate about her plants. She spends a lot of time, money and effort just to make sure that her plants grow well. She dotes on them as has doted on us. There was even a time that I thought she loves her plants more than she loves us. But then again, I know in my heart that I am wrong. I finally understood why she had been encouraging us to grow our own garden when we were little. It is her way of teaching us about life and values. It is her own way of teaching us how to be patient and kind.
The living wall on her kitchen does not only please her. It also pleases me since it is my first green wall project. I may not have done it alone but I have put in so much effort just to ensure that those herbs grow well. It looks perfect on her kitchen wall. I know I have a lot to learn when it comes to growing plants. But I have the garden books and my mother who is like a walking garden encyclopedia who will guide me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment