Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My First Living Wall


http://www.hooksandlattice.com/diy-living-walls.html

Gardening has been a passion and a hobby for many. It is also a great stress reliever. However, I have never truly appreciated gardening until recently. It is known among my family and friends that I have not kept a single plant alive before. It was quite frustrating for I really wanted to have my own garden just like my siblings. For sometime I stopped trying and instead pretended to grow "plants" in the form of faux plants or artificial plants. The artificial plants look real enough but they know better. Anyhow, the artificial plants were a perfect substitute for the real ones. They are maintenance free as they do not need watering and most importantly they do not wither. All they need is dusting and they are all fine.

http://www.hooksandlattice.com/diy-living-walls.html

However, there is nothing more gratifying than growing your own garden. Watching them grow day by day is somewhat fulfilling. Most of the fruits and vegetables served on our table came from the garden in our yard. Unlike me, my parents and siblings have no trouble growing any plant. I am grateful that they never stopped encouraging me to grow my own garden. They provided me with Herb Kits & Seed Starting Kits which were hard to grow at first. I lost count of the number of Herb Kits & Seed Starting Kits which all withered in my hands. This was before I found the DIY living wall kit.

http://www.hooksandlattice.com/diy-living-walls.html

The Herb Kits & Seed Starting Kits and living wall kit have greatly helped me start my own garden. The DIY living wall kit has ten planting cells, a watering tank and a moisture mat which made it easy for me to grow my own garden. For sometime, I had some doubts that those herbs I planted would not last a month. However, as I watched them thrive on my wall everyday, I have been hopeful that all these plants will be fine. I was right. Now, my mom, has been using those herbs I planted from the living wall kit to cook our favorite dishes. It seems that I have done something right, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment